Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Eights Meme (from leo)

8 Things I Am Looking Forward To:

1. The end of the school year (for those who don't know, I'm a very stressed out teacher)

2. Seeing if I got the lifeskills (severe disabilities) job for which I will be applying (if someone with more seniority applies, they get it)

3. Sleeping tonight

4. Driving around my new car!

5. Eating chocolate Poptarts

6. Going to yoga with a new friend

7. Helping with the little kids at church

8. Paying off my new bed

8 Things I Did Yesterday:

1. Talked to my best friend

2. But only cried about her miscarriage when I was talking to my mom about it, not to Em herself. I'm weird and numb like that.

3. Went to the store to clear my head. I was walking around in a numb daze. I deal with stress in very odd ways anymore.

4. Made homemade chicken stir fry. None of this frozen stuff.

5.

6.

7.

8.


8 Things I Wish I Could Do:

1. Find a less stressful teaching job

2. Lose weight around my stomach area

3. Date a masculine girl

4. Cry more often. I bottle things up without meaning to, it just happens, and then it just sits there and aches a deep ache for so long. I hate having to reach for the Xanax so often.

5. Go on a real vacation, alone or with someone

6. Take a cruise with a friend

7. Be a more well-known professional photographer

8. Be a more compelling blogger who doesn't rely on ripped-off memes. (I had to steal this one)


8 Shows I Watch:

1. NCIS (Ziva is hot)

2. CSI

3. America's Next Top Model

4. American Idol

5. Family Guy

6. Whose Line is it Anyway?

7. Numb3rs

8. Grey's Anatomy


8 albums I'm granting listening time to lately:

1. Contemplating the Void - LVNMUZIQ
Great lesbian duo I heard at a local coffee shop.

2. Break the Spell - Ellis
Another great lesbian singer/songwriter at aforementioned coffee shop. I have a huge crush on her. When I went up to have her sign my CD I acted like I was 13 and got all giggly and stupid.

3. *NSync - No Strings Attached
Don't hate. Everyone has music like this somewhere. I'm only really listening to one song from this.

4. Rachael Yamagata - Elephants...Teeth Sinking Into Heart
Very mellow, a little dark, and rather dramatic at times.

5. Chris Tomlin - Arriving
Good worship music that's not cheesy sounding.

6. Damnation - Opeth
Death metal that's mellow, if that makes any sense. Most of their stuff involves scary screaming, but this is very soft. Lyrics and chords are super depressing, but no screaming and not cliche.


7. Dashboard Confessional- The Shade of Poison Trees
Not quite as whiny emo as the previous ones, but still love it. And I love the whiny ones too. I just love Dashboard. Love their lyrics and the simplicity of it.

8. Pat Metheny - Still Life(talking)
Something my dad played a lot at night. Don't know if I'd like it now if I came across it with no history with it, but it relaxes me.

No comments: