Friday, June 26, 2009

Question of the Day

What is a stone butch? And more importantly, why is a stone butch a stone butch? Though I'm sure there are a myriad of reasons, it's just that I don't know any of them. I don't want anyone to think I want to really dig into someone's deep dark secrets, but it's an area of our community that I don't really understand. Most of the lesbians I know are ones who reject any kind of labels other than gay, and don't ever want to discuss gender with me. They're just not interested. So I have a lot to learn.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

some folks use stone to mean 'very'. more often it means or at least implies certain sexual boundaries. i wrote about my personal feelings on the topic here: http://butchgirlcat.blogspot.com/2009/01/sexual-freedom-autonomy-stone.html

(with apologies for flogging my blog in your comments)

sublime femme wrote some stuff about stone as applied to femmes a while back i believe as well?

Butch Boo said...

My understanding of stone butch was always a butch who did the giving but none of the taking.

BB

X